יום ראשון, 26 בפברואר 2017

2. ראיונות תלמידים

נביא מספר ראיונות של תלמידים, התמקדנו בסטודנטים שלומדים בהר הצופים, במדעי החברה, אך ראיינו תלמידים יהודים וערבים, בעברית ובאנגלית.


Interview (1)
In which faculty are you studying?
I study in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
For how many years you have been in the Hebrew university?
4 years.
How do you see yourself as an Arab/ Israeli/ student/ teacher? Do you fit in? Do you feel a belonging to the university?
I feel I belong to the university because I like it as a campus, and I am satisfied with what I am learning and the methods that are used in the university. However, I do not feel that I fit in in all places and situations.
Have you ever mixed with other students? (Students with different identity)
Yes.
Have you ever mixed with Israeli students?
Yes, only in my fourth year (this year).
If yes, what were the reasons for the mixing?
Working and scholarships.
What would you like to share? How has the experience? Would you do it again?
I do not like to share anything about my private life, I prefer to keep the relationship limited to work. Yes I would do it again.
Would you like to mix with Israeli students?
I like to have discussions with them, but not socializing.
What ideas do you have to raise the mixing between Arab and Israeli students in this campus?
Students both Arabs and Israeli should enlarge their knowledge about each society so that they can accept the other more. Because I think that we students come to the University convinced that the other is different and we should not accept it.


Interview (2)
In which faculty are you studying?
I am studying in the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
For how many years you have been in the Hebrew university?
This is my third year in the Hebrew University of Jerusalem without my preparatory "mechina" year, which is one year.
How do you see yourself as an Arab/ Israeli/ student/ teacher? Do you fit in? Do you feel a belonging to the university?
I am an Arab student who found difficulty at the beginning to fit in, but later on I become familiar with the atmosphere of the university and so I feel I belong to this university. It is important to note that because I am studying International Relations in the faculty of Social Sciences and English Literature in the Faculty of Humanities I can see the difference in treating the Arabs. In other words, my major-International Relations- is considered to some extent as political and thus there is obvious negative electricity in the atmosphere between the students.
Have you ever mixed with other students? (Students with different identity)
Yes I have.
Have you ever mixed with Israeli students?
Yes I have.
What were the reasons for the mixing?
Generally in the scope of studying.
What would you like to share? How has the experience? Would you do it again?
I do not have a problem dealing with Israeli students, but It is comfortable dealing with them only if they know about the Palestinians' reality in which they live in. Otherwise, we will enter into an unresolved conflict.  
Would you like to mix with Israeli students?
Yes I would, since I would love to hear Israelis' opinions about our reality.
What ideas do you have to raise up the mixing between Arab and Israeli students in this campus?
There are a lot of activities including dance, sing competitions, Bingo, card games; all these small activities that help to mix the Arabs and the Israelis far away from politics, especially since here is Jerusalem and there are already tensions in the outer space.
Interview (3)
In which faculty are you studying?
I am studying in the faculty of social sciences (Business)
For how many years you have been in the Hebrew university?
Three years and a half years.
How do you see yourself as an Arab/ Israeli/ student/ teacher? Do you fit in? Do you feel belonged to the university?
I’m an Arab student, when I first came to the university I wasn’t afraid to communicate with Israeli students, because I’ve already been in this situation earlier when I was in a program called “MEET”, and yes I feel that I fit in well in the university.
Could you explain more about this program?
It’s a program for Israeli and Arab students together, both of us should speak one language understood by both sides, which was English, at first it was awkward to be with different students, who have different culture and habits, but day by day we started to know each other more and more until we made became friends until nowadays, and it was actually hard for us after three years to say goodbye.
Have you ever mixed with other students? (Students with different identity)
Yes I had.
Have you ever mixed with Israeli students?
Yes and I a have few Israeli friends now.
What were the reasons for the mixing?
Actually and Israeli student once came to me, and he started asking me questions from where I was, and after this we made friends with each other and he introduced me to other students. We talk to each other about the courses and classes that we have together, we help each other with homework and assignments…
What would you like to share? How has the experience? Would you do it again?
It’s a nice experience, but at the same time I feel that not everyone likes me or would like to talk to me maybe because they see me different. But still I consider myself as part of the university and I personally, don’t hate anyone who’s different from me, after all we are all humans, and we live in one country, that’s why we should communicate.
What ideas do you have to raise up the mixing between Arab and Israeli students in this campus?
I think the best way is through learning together, the student that come to me and asked me questions wanted us to work together as partners because it was a must, so maybe if some courses give for example extra points for partners that are from different place, they will encourage students to mix, not only Arabs and Israelis but also foreign students who face the same problems of mixing.

ראיון מספר 4
מה אתה לומד? באיזה שנה אתה?
פסיכולוגיה ומזרח תיכון שנה ב'.
האם אתה מרגיש חלק מהאוניברסיטה?
חלק מההווי הלימודי אני מזדהה, אבל לא לגמרי בהווי החברתי.
האם יש לך חברים בעלי זהויות אחרות?
כן, חברים זה מונח כללי, יש לי שיח עם בעלי זהויות אחרות. זהות מינית שונה, זהות דתית שונה, אתנית.
מה גרם לחברות, או לזמן המשותף (רצון או סיטואציה)
בעיקר סביב קורסים משותפים נוצר שיח/מגע.
סביב מה?
בהתחלה סביב חומר לימודי ומשם זה התרחב לעוד דברים.
יוצא לך להיות חלק מחבורה עלי חברה מזהויות שונות?
האמת שרציתי, התארגנה קבוצה של מפגשי יהודים ערבים [המדרסה], היה סינון שלא עברתי, כנראה חשדו שאהיה פנאט.
מה תרצה לשתף, איך היתה החוויה?
בתחילת שנה א', בתרגול הראשון של סטטיסטיקה ביקשו להתחלק לזוגות, והסתכלתי ימינה שמאלה ושאלתי את מי שלידי אם היא מחפשת זוג לתרגול, אז היא התלבטה קצת ואמרה שכן. והבנתי שהיא ערבייה. ואז חשבתי שוב, כי זה הרגיש לי כמו יותר מדי קפיצה למים, ישר להתחיל לתרגל עם מישהו שאין לי שפה משותפת איתו. לא ככה רציתי להיכנס לאוניברסיטה. פשוט מצד זה שאין מספיק מכנה משותף.
האם אתה בעד 'מיקסינג', יש לך רעיונות לקדם את זה?
אני בעד מפגש ושיח, עם המושג בילוי יש  לי קצת בעיה, בגלל מחויבות אידיאולוגית-דתית. אני חושב שהאוניברסיטה זה מקום מצוין למפגש.
נראה לי שלמפגשים שמיועדים לזה, מגיעים אנשים שהם כולם מסוג מסוים, נדמה לי. ודווקא מפגשם טבעיים יותר זה מפגשים שמתחילים סביב הלימודים, או סביב דבר יותר טבעי (פחות נייטרלי).

*
אני חושב שהראיונות הללו מראים תמונה די אופטימית של מיקסינג, הסטודנטים סך הכל בעד, לכל אחד יצא לפגוש. אך בהמשך נראה שמזוויות אחרות הדברים נראים אחרת.
מעניין לראות ראיון שמופיע באתר של המכון לחקר רב תרבותיות, של ג'ינאן אבו שתיה, לגבי נשף משפטים, שמצייר תמונה יותר עגומה. אפשר לראות כאן


אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה